1745786 Members
3839 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Want to track all activity of a user

Rakesh Jha_1
Advisor

Want to track all activity of a user

We are running Tru64 cluster server and we are in need to give access to a third party user. We want to track all his activity while he is logged on the server.
Docs on audit_setup and other auditing tools has confused me more.
I may not require full server auditing, process auditing.
We are running Tru64 V5.1B with PK6.

Rakesh
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Want to track all activity of a user

Probably, GNU screen may help you with this. You can whatch and log what he is doing on the terminal.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

If you're running Enhanced Security, you can do "per user" auditing for a specific user. Briefly, the way to do this is to enable auditing (with sysman auditconfig) and then run dxaccounts and double-click the username. Select "security options" when modifying the user configuration. In the pulldown menu, select "audit events". Choose the events that you wish to audit for the user, and success or failure for those events, such as login/logout. Click OK for that user.
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Yes, you can use 'sysman' to enable Enhanced Security on the system. But it requires a reboot.