108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where can I get SWXCRMGR from?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Wayne Wat
Occasional Advisor

Where can I get SWXCRMGR from?

I have a Mylex 960 DAC controller installed in my DEC ES40 which is running Tru64V5.1B. I have used the ra200rcu utility to setup the initial RAID but how can I monitor it from Tru64? I have read several posts about using swxcrmgr commands but cannot seem to find this utility?

Any clues?
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi Wayne,

Try here:

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/products/storage/retired/ra230/index.html

Failing that, I'm fairly certain they're still on the Alpha server firmware CDs somewhere...

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
cnb
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Wayne,

The SWXCRMGR offline firmware utilities can be found here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/alphaserver/firmware/other/utility/SWXCRMGR/

There was an Raid Array 200 Software product that contained online RAID management/monitoring utilities for OpenVMS, Unix and NT AXP for the older SWXCR. They were all part of the StorageWorks RA200 Software and Documentation Kit, QB-2XHAH-SB. If I remember correctly it didn't require a license pak.

The kit supplied floppy distribution diskettes and supported Unix V3 and V4.x. The RA200 OMU for Digital UNIX User's Guide (AA-Q6TGD-TE) refers to the swxcrmgr command set.

These guys claim to have the QB-2XHAH-SB kit in stock for sale $100usd: http://www.varx.com/CAT/SOFTWARE.HTML

Not sure if there's a newer kit available for V5.x. But, read the release notes for the RA230 and RA200 as they are for specific controllers and don't offer the same controller version support. See this note to clarify which model/os kit you need: ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/alphaserver/storage/controllers/kzpac/kzpac_rn.pdf

HTH
Wayne Wat
Occasional Advisor

Thanks guys!