Outstanding Contributor

Re: Where can i get latest online diag for 11i

Thanks, Andrew!

Pete

Pete
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

The software was only released today, and takes a while before it's available here. It'll be added in the next day or so, definitely should be available by Monday.
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Cool - thanks again, Andrew.

Pete

Pete
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

I've just heard that there's a delay on the release of the December '04 OnlineDiags for 11.11. I'll post again when I hear an update.

Andrew
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Thanks Andrew

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Sunil,
Was there something particular you wanted the December '04 OnlineDiags for? Is it required for support of hardware, or does it supply a fix you need? I'm just wondering why you're so keen to install it, a lot of customers prefer to wait until someone else has tried software first ;-)

Andrew
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Andrew,

We get system shutdown for upgrade and patching once in a year so i just want to install most recent patch and product.

I have Hitachi SAN connected to HP servers and it isn't supported by my currect CSTM. I am just wondering if there is something in new release.

Sunil
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

Although the release of the OnlineDiags has been delayed (I believe by a problem in some other area of the Hardware Enablement (HWE) package), the Release Notes for the December 2004 release are online, with links from http://www.docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/diag/stm/stm_upd.htm#table
so you can see there what has changed.

From the STM release notes, the only new hardware supported is:

Support for the following devices has been added for this release:

* AB290A - HP AB290-60001 PCI/PCI-X 1000Base-T 2-port U320 SCSI/2-port 1000B-T Combo Adapter
* AB465A - HP AB465-60001 PCI/PCI-X 1000Base-T 2-port 2Gb FC/2-port 1000B-T Combo Adapter
* AB545A - HP AB545-60001 PCI/PCI-X 1000Base-T 4-port 1000B-T Adapter
* AB287A - HP PCI-X Next Generation 10 GigE

Regarding the delay to the HWE, it may be next month before that is resolved, though it is possible the OnlineDiags may be released separately before that.

Hope this helps.

Andrew
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Hardware Enablement Patches for HP-UX 11i v1, December 2004 is already released and available on ITRC.hp.com

Thanks for other usefull information.

Sunil
Andrew Merritt_2
Honored Contributor

> Hardware Enablement Patches for HP-UX 11i v1, December 2004 is already released and available on ITRC.hp.com

It is? Are you sure? Where did you find it? I couldn't see anything at http://www.software.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B3782HWE that indicated which release of the HWE was available.

When I downloaded it, the package from there identified as "Hardware Enablement Patches for HP-UX 11i v1, June 2004"

Andrew