Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1748179 Members
3950 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where is Internet Express?

cby

Where is Internet Express?

I know this is meant to be shipped with all AlphaServers, but having searched through all the CDs that accompanied our Tru64 5.1B installation I cannot locate the Internet Express software pack or CD.

I am looking specifically for the Web Services Tools and the FOP XML/PDF print formatter in particular.

Any information as to this elusive CD would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

cby
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

The information about Internet Express is here:

http://h30097.www3.hp.com/internet/osis.htm

Is a completely different CD folder, it does not comes into the Tru64 CD set.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
cby

Thanks for the swift response.

I had already trawled around and found the page you mention along with a bunch of others. However, none provided any useful information apart from '...Internet Express is bundled free with every Tru64 UNIX AlphaServer system...'

What I needed to know is how/what the bundle is entitled and where to get it.

Anyway I think I've located an old CD that may be useful in my pile of Tru64 stuff. It's called 'Open Source Internet Solutions', version 5.3 but there's no mention of Internet Express. It may be the precursor to Internet Express. It ships with an old version of FOP, 0.12.1, whereas the latest shipped with Internet Express 6.6 is version 0.20.5. Ideally I need to get this latest version of FOP.

There does not appear to be an upgrade path from Internet Solutions 5.3 to Internet Express 6.6. Does anyone have a copy of Internet Express 6.6 or any suggestions as to how to get hold of 6.6?

Thanks

cby
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

My CD-ROM kit for Tru64 V5.1B (September
2002) came with a two-CD Internet Express
kit, "version 6.0", "december 2002", in its
own little folder. I assume that that's too
old to be useful to you.
cby

Steven

Thanks, can I take you up on the offer of the CDs?. At least I can make a start and if necessary locate upgrade patches should they be required to run the latest version of FOP.

If you can mail me at christos @ belmin.com I can let you have delivery address details etc.

cby