New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where to find NFS tool kit file

SOLVED
Go to solution
gsingh
Advisor

Where to find NFS tool kit file

HI,

I have got the license of NFS Toolkit, Please let me know in which CD I can find its files listed below:
README --> Description of the toolkit contents
hanfs.sh --> The NFS specific control script
nfs.mon --> The monitor script
nfs_xmnt --> A script for handling cross-mounted NFS server packages
nfs.flm --> The file lock
nfs.cntl --> The control script that runs and halts the package
nfs.conf --> The package configuration file.
7 REPLIES 7
Hari PN
Occasional Advisor

After installing the service guared related software, you can find the details in following location.
this is the location - /opt/cmcluster/toolkit
gsingh
Advisor

I have service guard installed but this directory is not there. Did I missed something while installing Service Guard.

redbw1 / > swlist -l product |grep -i guard
ServiceGuard A.11.17.00 Serviceguard SD Product
redbw1 / > cd /opt/cmcluster/toolkit
sh: /opt/cmcluster/toolkit: not found.
redbw1 / > cd /opt/cmcluster
sh: /opt/cmcluster: not found.
redbw1 / > uname -a
HP-UX redbw1 B.11.23 U ia64 1474872585 unlimited-user license
redbw1 / >

Fabio Ettore
Honored Contributor

Hi,

you have to install SG-NFS-Tool which is an integration of SG:

http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=B5140BA

You have to pay for that.
When you install that then you'll see SG-NFS-Tool with what you're looking for and under directories already mentioned.

HTH.

Best regards,
Fabio
WISH? IMPROVEMENT!
gsingh
Advisor

I have purchased B5140BA from HP, but that contains only license NO media. My understanding was i would get media also to install that. Please tell me how to get that.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

The NFS tool kit is in your HP-UX Application CD/DVD, but you'll need a codeword to extract (or even see it) using swinstall.

Does the license contain a codeword?

If not, go to licensing.hp.com and type in the Customer ID/License Number/Certificate ID from your license. It will request you to identify your Application CD/DVD by the disk version number, and then produces a codeword for you. This procedure works only once per license, so don't lose the codeword. The codeword is tied to the Customer ID and the Application CD/DVD version.

When you have your Customer ID and codeword, you can insert the Application CD/DVD and start up swinstall as normal. Select the CD/DVD as source, then go to Actions -> Add new codeword. Type in your Customer ID and Codeword as prompted.

After the codeword has been successfully added, the NFS toolkit will become visible in the software listing.

MK
MK
gsingh
Advisor

Hi Matti,

very useful information. yes I have got the license and I need to generate codeword.
Last query. After putting codeword would I be able to see files in /opt/cmcluster/nfs etc?
Fabio Ettore
Honored Contributor

Hi,

just a clear a point. I've written you had to buy the product, here I understand you've already done that. You only need to generate the codeword as mentioned.
After inserting the CD/DVD of Applications and putting the codeword you could install SG-NFS-Tool and, if the installation will work, you'll have /opt/cmcluster/nfs.

Best regards,
Fabio
WISH? IMPROVEMENT!