Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1753774 Members
6834 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Xwindows login fail

Ismail1

Xwindows login fail

Hi, I am using reflection 9.0 to access the Tru64 5.1A system. I can get the login CDE screen but all the login fails with error "Not authorized to access this terminal". Everytime I have to add my PC's IP Address (PC name doesn't work)to /etc/securettys. SInce I am using DHCP it's very troublesome to add the IP address everytime. Any other solution for this? Like: adding the nameserver to the address....

Thanks to all in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

/etc/securettys is only necessary if login via root. second if only your ip adress work, then there is a problem within nameresolution.
Try

nslookup
nslookup

on pc and Tru64 machine. Both must lead to the same result if not fix your nameresolution.
Nameresolution must be ok if using ddns or dhcp (there is also the way to use dhcp and always the same ip adress for the same machine).

you can also modify the /usr/dt/config/Xaccess and specify which client (or IP range) is blocked etc.

/usr/dt/config/Xconfig: Dtlogin*authorize: False specifies which kind of authorization is used.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Robert Binkley
Advisor

cd /etc/auth/system
vi /ttys

*\:*:t_devname=*\:*:t_login_timeout#0:t_xdisplay:chknet:

:wq press enter
/usr/tcb/bin/convauth -d t
then press enter after above command
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

The last answer is dedicated to a C2 system, so please check if C2 is enabled!!!
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }