1752735 Members
5673 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: alpha ds10 firmware upgrade

laaalitha
Advisor

alpha ds10 firmware upgrade

i need to replace the E1 card in Alphads10/tru64.In case if we had to upgrade the firmware after the replacement,please let me know the procedure to upgrade the firmware.
6 REPLIES 6
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

Something like that:
>>> init
Put firmware CD in drive.
>>> boot dqa0:
... boot
When booted from CD then
> update
>
After that turn the machine off, wait 2 minutes and turn it on.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
laaalitha
Advisor

Is it the latest firmaware of AlphaDS10 to be upgrade for the replacement of E1 card.How can i get the firmware CD.

You can download the firmware from right here at ol' HP.com. You need to go here:
http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/

then navigate the left frame to get what you want. In short, you're going to download some code, burn a CD , then boot with it, but there are other ways to get just the latest firmware for your specidic ds10. I always grab the whole thing becuase I have so many different Alphas laying around and I never know when I might need it. Hope this helps.

Jack
laaalitha
Advisor

When upgrading the firmware,is it needed to upgrade, considering the operating system (open VMS/Tru64)that the DS10 has.Basically, does the firmware which is going to be upgrade, depends on the Operating System which the Server has?
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

In general, each OS version requires some
minimum firmware version. As I recall, there
is a table in the firmware documentation
which says who needs what.

I don't know of any problems from having
firmware which is too new, but that doesn't
prove much.
laaalitha
Advisor

we are to replace a E1 card(900p series) for DS10. Is it needed to upgrade the firmware of the E1 card.If so what is the procedure? How to get the firmware of the E1 card to be replaced, if firmware upgrade it needed?