New Discussion юеВ

automount error

SOLVED
Go to solution
shameemsoft
Frequent Advisor

automount error

Dear,

we have HP UNIX 11.31. we are getting following error continously.

"automountd[3363]: match_addr: getaddrinfo failed: host nor service provided, or not known"

/etc/auto.master configuration below

/net -hosts -nosuid,soft,nobrowse

It is hosts built in map.

We were using DNS before. But not used now and entry was there in /etc/resolv.conf. I commented that entry and removed not reachable IP in /etc/hosts file.

SMTP relay is not enabled.

But still we are getting this error continously. Kindly help me on this to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Shameem

18 REPLIES 18
mvpel
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: automount error

Perhaps another bit of software is trying over and over again to access a /net path for a host that doesn't exist? Running a "tusc" on the automountd may prove illuminating.

Also, make sure you have PHCO_39526 installed so you're using the latest possible version of the getaddrinfo() function.
shameemsoft
Frequent Advisor

Dear,

Thanks for your response.

"tusc" is not installed in our servers. Is there any other way to find out the root cause?

Also PHCO_39526 is not installed in our servers. This issue occur in only few servers not all servers. But this patch is not installed in all our servers.

Kindly advise on this.

R.K. #
Honored Contributor

shameemsoft
Frequent Advisor

Thanks RK

Following solution is specified on this thread.

To set some pararameters in /etc/rc.config.d/nfsconf to off if I am not using them such as;
AUTOFS=0
NFS_CLIENT=0
NFS_SERVER=0
START_MOUNTD=0

But we are using NFS share and it is configured in /etc/dfs/dfstab file.

Kindly help me on this.
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Hi Shameem,

> But we are using NFS share and it is
> configured in /etc/dfs/dfstab file.

Is this system the NFS client or server? If you're configuring filesystems in the dfstab file that sounds like the server. AutoFS is strictly a client-side application used to mount NFS filesystems from remote servers. If this system is a server and does not need to mount NFS filesystems from other servers, especially using AutoFS, then it should be safe to disable AutoFS by setting those tunables in the nfsconf file to 0.

Regards,

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shameemsoft
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Dave.

Most of our HP UNIX servers are act as NFS server & client due to SAP requirement. We are mounting some directory for SAP application requirement using NFS only.

So sometime it act as NFS client & NFS server.

shameemsoft
Frequent Advisor

Dear,

Any luck on this issue?

Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Hi Shameem,

Are you still experiencing problems or have you resolved this?

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
shameemsoft
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Dave.. still we are facing this issue

No solution. If you have anything please let me know