Solution

Re: automounter / NFS

Looking at the logfile data:

09.24 06:16:53 ux001 pid=5868 rpc.mountd
rpc.mountd: compare_hostnames_hp: sourcehost = 'root=lx001.mydomain.com'
rpc.mountd: compare_hostnames_hp: targethost = 'lx001.mydomain.com'
rpc.mountd: compare_hostnames_hp: return that names differ (no ambiguity)

rpc.mountd believes the system name in question is "root=lx001.mydomain.com" instead of "lx001.mydomain.com". It is not parsing the root= list properly because there is no separating "-" character.

I think the problem is you're missing a "-" before the "root=" list. In other words, the export line currently looks like this:

/sapmnt/TST/global root=ux001:ux002:lx001

and it should look like this:

/sapmnt/TST/global -root=us001:ux002:lx001

Try making sure all the option lists begin with a "-" and see if that solve this.

Regards,

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Stephan._1
Trusted Contributor

>> your problem is weird, maybe you 'd better check patch db for an privilege enhancement ,for example this patch PHCO_32523

I did not check the system, but it's a productive machine with a fixed patch set and if we are lucky the customer give us a downtime once a year ...

>> Try making sure all the option lists begin with a "-" and see if that solve this.

Gotcha! You're a genius ... that solved it 100% - many thanks, that's one more beer i have to pay if we meet again, send Doug regards from me.
Share what you know, learn what you don't.
Stephan._1
Trusted Contributor

Problem solved by a missing - as option seperator.

Thanks to all!
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

My apologies, but I cannot remember who you are based on your screen name "svo". I'll never turn down a free beer, but I'm just curious who's paying? :)

I'll also be happy to pass along your regards to Doug but I'd like to let him know who they're from.

Cheers!

Dave
I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Stephan._1
Trusted Contributor

Hint:
Check denic.de who owns hpux.de ;-)