New Discussion юеВ

autopath errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
S.S.
Super Advisor

autopath errors

Hi All,

Today, i was unknowingly deleted a vdisk at EVA in which the related device files are available at host (HP-UX 11.11).

I have found that in the ioscan output some device files are detected with no hardware. These device files are related to a filesystem which is a test one.

In the autopath display output, there these device files are with failed status.

Now i have tried to export this volume group and have received the warning as "device is busy".

Also, checked the process of autopath in which "autopath monitor" is running and also in the syslog pulling the following error for every second.
"AUTOPATH : All the paths to the end device failed"

Kindly recommend me how can i troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14
Jupinder Bedi
Respected Contributor

Re: autopath errors

try with the command

#autopath discover

Good Luck

All things excellent are as difficult as they are rare
Jupinder Bedi
Respected Contributor

and than run

#insf -e
HCL Ash
Frequent Advisor

insf -eC disk

This will create the device files
S.S.
Super Advisor

Hi All,

I have executed the above you stated, autopath discover, insf -eC disk but there is no luck; the autopath errors are still pulling out in the syslog file and observed that the "autopath monitor" is running.

I also tried to delete that device path in that autopath; by using "autopath delete /dev/dsk/c#t#d#" but with the warning message that "AUTOPATH: is busy".

Also i am afraid that this will make any cause to other filesystems on that server? kindly suggest me the impact of this problem because i was unable to resolve this yesterday and could go to office on Monday.

Thanks!

Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor
Solution

It would be always better to shutdown the applications on the server that uses these LUNS and umount the filesystems prior to doing your EVA work.

Reboot the machine, hope fully it will soloved the problems
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
S.S.
Super Advisor

Hi Johnson,

I have tried to deactivate the volume group but it is not allowing me and unable to export the vg.

Also kindly suggest me how can i stop the "auto path monitor" as currently running due to that autopath errors are pulling to syslog.log file and also unable to delete the LUNS in autopath saying that the device is busy.

Suppose if i reboot the system then in that case prior to reboot i should umount and export the vg right and also may i know after reboot the autopath error msgs will stop?

Thanks!
Jupinder Bedi
Respected Contributor

you can stop the autopath as follows

/sbin/init.d/autopathinit stop

Good Luck
S.S.
Super Advisor

Hi,

Now i ran the ignite backup and it got failed with the following message:

lvlnboot: Couldn't query physical volume "/dev/dsk/c10t1d1":
The specified path does not correspond to physical volume attached to
this volume group
save_config: Error - The command "lvlnboot" returns a non-zero value. You may use "vgscan
-v " command to recreate the "/etc/lvmtab" file.
ERROR: /opt/ignite/bin/save_config failed

Can i perform the "vgscan -v" command?

Actually the device "/dev/dsk/c10t1d1" is using that live filesystem. If i execute the above command the problem could be resolved?

Thanks & Regards

Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor

Yes you can run vgscan it just creates the lvmtab file.
Better you move old lvmtab and then run
vgscan(1)
read man page for more information.

Check in ioscanas well if they path is available.

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......