3964 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

backup with EMC networker

Asif_8
Regular Advisor

backup with EMC networker

I have hp superdome and HP-ux 11.23 and 11.31
diffenent servvers thses server are connect to HP XP24000 storage disk array by SAN

There is my question can i use to emc networker to back and restore these servers

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Jeeshan
Honored Contributor

Re: backup with EMC networker

back and restore of what? Ignite backup? or application backup?
a warrior never quits
Jitesh purohit_1
Regular Advisor

Hi Asif,

If you are running oracle Database, Then you can use networker...But its outdated now.. The below link will try to answer most of your questions

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1214153
Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

Please look at "EMC Information Protection Software Compatibility Guide" document for detailed product(client/server/storage node...) support.
ERC_1

This is supported by NetWorker.
With respect to the outdated comment - I'm biased, but completely disagree. A lot of good development is being done with NetWorker.
Jamie A Dennis
Frequent Advisor

Is your Networker server HP-UX or some other OS?

EMC Networker (server and client) runs fine on HP-UX. I was involved in a major project doing Networker on HP-UX (as well as Solaris and Windows) not long ago. If you have an EMC Powerlink account, there is a wealth of documentation on Networker available.

There are specific patches which need to be applied to the OS, depending on your hardware platform (PA-RISC or Itanium) for Networker to function properly. This information can also be found on Powerlink.

Best regards,

Jamie
"If hindsight is 20/20, why don't more people use their rearview mirrors?" - James (Jamie) A. Dennis, 1998