108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

can't find fibre channel drivers on rhel3u8 box

SOLVED
Go to solution
Matt Shaffer_1
Regular Advisor

can't find fibre channel drivers on rhel3u8 box

I am in the process of setting up a rhel3u8 server on an HP dl360 g5. This is the first rhel3 server that I am connecting to our SAN. I have one rhel4u3 connected to the SAN and that server has commands like /usr/sbin/hp_rescan to scan the fc cards. I can't find anything like this on my rhel3u8 box. Do I need to download drivers for this to work? Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
skt_skt
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: can't find fibre channel drivers on rhel3u8 box

please provide the details of FC HBA cards(lspci).This steps differs depending on the card type.

# lspci|grep -i qla
04:04.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. QLA2312 Fibre Channel Adapter (rev 02)
09:02.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. QLA2312 Fibre Channel Adapter (rev 02)

#lsmod|grep -i qla
qla2300 696316 16
qla2300_conf 301592 0
scsi_mod 115496 7 [st sr_mod emcpmpap emcpmpaa emcpmpc emcpmp sg emcp emcpsf qla2300 ips sd_mod]

U might have something equivalent to that..
What is the kernel version you have?
Matt Shaffer_1
Regular Advisor

I think we have an issue with the power that's run to this rack. I had to shutdown this server until at least tomorrow. I'll get back to you soon.

But I can mention that I am using EMC Emulex 4g HBAs. I'm not sure why these were ordered because I have an HP server and HP EVA. I installed the Emulex drivers and there are now commands under /usr/sbin/lpfc. I can run lun_scan, etc. Although I can't figure out multipathing in use with the EMC cards. I'm getting HP HBAs in and will test them. I would use hp-lpfc-2007-03-29 with HP cards.
Matt Shaffer_1
Regular Advisor