Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can´t mount DVD from Disk Array 5300

Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

can´t mount DVD from Disk Array 5300

Hi experts,

Can someone help me find out why i can´t list the Core HP-UX 11.0 DVD inserted on my HP Disk Array 5300 on Bay 1. When I interrupt the boot message and type SEARCH to list the devices i just can list on internal disk, the one that is failingto boot.

My box is the rp2470 that comes with 2 disk one on 0/0/1 and another on 0/0/2 the one that displays is the 0/0/2

Any idea?

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

3 REPLIES
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: can´t mount DVD from Disk Array 5300

There are two external SCSI ports on the back of the rp2470.  One is Single Ended SCSI and the other is LVD SCSI (might be labeled as Ultra Wide)

If your DVD module in the 5300 has an LVD converter (which it likely does) and you are plugged into the SE connector, then you will not see the device.  Easiest thing to do would be to just make sure you are connected to the LVD port on the server (the one to the left when looking at the rear of the server).

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Nelson Chamba
Regular Advisor

Dear all,

It is connected there in the righ side of the server and on the array it´s on the bottom right side as shows in the image.

Regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I still think you may have an issue with SE vs LVD SCSI.   I know that LVD is supposed to be compatible with SE, but I know I have seen problems when attaching an LVD device to an SE controller.  

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!