4635 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

carsh dump.

fizan
Super Advisor

carsh dump.

team,

basically i am unable to take the console output it shows an messg as your "CONSOLE IS NOW ON SERIAL DEVICE" so i have entered the bios setup and changed the CONSOLE OUT TO BE ON VGA! now its fine i got the out in the monitor after changing the option to VGA port in system configuration menu by choosing while it appears on rx-2600 while starting the machine, but after this it shows as kernel booting but after some time says that crash dump and it is off 857mb and get generated and automatically reboots! after generating the crash dump aftter a reboot its not coming up with the OS,

how to resolve the issue?
whether OS got corrupted ?
or any hard ware issues on the server?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Re: carsh dump.

hi,

check event log / live log ...

in the MP/GSP

mikap
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

At least you can logon with MP console and check the logs (CL) and your server.And see where it stopped ?

By the way, your server is down ? then you can try to boot your server by selecting console again.

And besides , a lot of docs here like:

http://docs.hp.com/en/T1335-90018/ch03s06.html

Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Every now what is the status is your server is up and running if not try to boot into single user and check syslog.log.

Suraj
fizan
Super Advisor

thanks every one,

there is no mp-console connected and i already gone through the single-user mode and booted the server same shows the memory allocated by the processor and shows as kernel loading... (then it hangs for some time and then go for dump state and generates the dump and automatically reboots like this its continuing) so i have manually power off the cycle. server is down i have to clearly know whether i can boot from dvd and install the os again. if so after booting from dvd it will come up or it will show the same error.
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Have you contacted the Response Center yet?
fizan
Super Advisor

No tomrow am going to install the OS from the scratch by booting from the cd once, so i will check and reply back

thanks for your interest