1753725 Members
4673 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

chmod issue

James_Lau
Frequent Advisor

chmod issue

Hi all , the server is on hp unix 11.31 ia64 , in the /etc/profile i have ready set the umask to 022 (in chmod will be 644) , but one of the directory ower by weblogic , some file some how it will sudden change to 600 , can someone help ? thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Re: chmod issue

Hi,
Check your .profile also.

Suraj
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>one of the directory owned by weblogic, some file some how it will sudden change to 600

What do you mean suddenly? Setting umask will not prevent files from being 600, if that's what the application decided. umask works by subtracting permissions.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

I think Weblogic will automatically protect some of its temporary files and/or files that contain Weblogic admin passwords to 600.

You're supposed to use the Weblogic admin console to manage Weblogic and let it handle the actual files.

At least some versions of Weblogic may have a weblogic.policy file, which apparently can be used to override the default protections... if you *really* know what you're doing.

MK
MK
James_Lau
Frequent Advisor

Hi Matti Kurkela , may i know more about the weblogic.profile ? thanks.
James_Lau
Frequent Advisor

Hi all , i have aready check the weblogic .profile , their have no addition umask.
ManojK_1
Valued Contributor

Hi James,

Can you please verify that somebody manually changed the permission who is having the previlage.

Manoj K
Thanks and Regards,
Manoj K
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Only the owner or root having the previlage to change the permission.
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
James_Lau
Frequent Advisor

thanks all.