Operating System - HP-UX
1753492 Members
4872 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

cimserver not running after 11.31 update: PGS09207: Cannot get server certificate

CITEC HP TEAM
Frequent Advisor

cimserver not running after 11.31 update: PGS09207: Cannot get server certificate

We struck this problem after updating an IA system from 11.23 to 11.31. I am posting it because I could not find an match on the web.

This post contains both the problem and solution. The original 11.23 install and 11.31 update were both from March 2008 DVD’s.

I will close this thread in a few weeks in case anyone has any comments as to the root cause or a solution to preventing it in the update.

The problem:

# cimserver
PGS10033: The CIM Server is not started: PGS00415: SSL exception: PGS09207: Cannot get server certificate.

This thread pointed me in the right direction.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1221823576767+28353475&threadId=1252701

Snip from running swinstall on WBEMServices:

WARNING: Fileset "WBEMServices.WBEM-CORE,l=/,r=A.02.07" had file
warnings.
WARNING: Fileset "WBEMServices.WBEM-CORE,l=/,r=A.02.07" had file
warnings.
WARNING: Directory "/etc/opt/hp" should have mode "555" but the actual
mode is "755".
WARNING: Directory "/etc/opt/hp" should have owner,uid "bin,2" but the
actual owner,uid is "root,0".
WARNING: Directory "/etc/opt/hp" should have group,gid "bin,2" but the
actual group,gid is "root,0".
WARNING: Directory "/etc/opt/hp/sslshare" should have mode "555" but
the actual mode is "700".
WARNING: Directory "/etc/opt/hp/sslshare" should have owner,uid "bin,2"
but the actual owner,uid is "root,0".
WARNING: Directory "/etc/opt/hp/sslshare" should have group,gid "bin,2"
but the actual group,gid is "root,0".
WARNING: Fileset "WBEMServices.WBEM-CORE-COM,l=/,r=A.02.07" had file
warnings.

Correcting these permissions fixed the problem.

I suspect it is related to cimservermain running under the user cimsrvr at 11.31 and SD not updating permissions on existing directories correctly during the update. It may be as simple as forcing a reinstall of the product.

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone. Its probably documented somewhere but I couldn’t find it by searching on the error codes.
3 REPLIES 3
JBK
Occasional Advisor

Re: cimserver not running after 11.31 update: PGS09207: Cannot get server certificate

Score! I'd been scratching my head over this same problem for days. The above resolution did the trick. Thanks for posting!
--> I work for HP --
CITEC HP TEAM
Frequent Advisor

Re: cimserver not running after 11.31 update: PGS09207: Cannot get server certificate

Glad it helped. I've had more help from the forum for problems than the rest of HP's web sites so I like to contribute where I can.

Thanks for the reply.
CITEC HP TEAM
Frequent Advisor

This is actually the solution.