New Discussion юеВ

Re: cmviewcl not working for normal user,

SOLVED
Go to solution
jeevarajkn
Frequent Advisor

duncan,

Yes i didn't check/apply the configuration file.

Let us know wheteher I can do it in online because server workingis in production and running.
jeevarajkn
Frequent Advisor

Dear Guru's

Can anyone help me for the below query.
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

Hi,

But just a note of precaution, it is always good that to do a cmapplyconf that with at least that packages down.
Hopefully for the packages u have a reliable failover and failback testing done.

In the same Document that has been suggested by Duncan u can refer to the Note that has been written over there.

NOTE: You do not have to halt the cluster or package to configure or modify access control policies.

though this is regarding the modification of user admin of the package u can try by doing that with the package up and running i mean both the parts as u have identical changes regarding the same.

However a cmcheckconf should always take place before the cmapplyconf.

U can easily do a cmcheckconf with the running cluster and packages considering that is the only change that u have made to the package conf file.

Regarding cmapplyconf it is already mentioned as a note that u do not need to stop the package or cluster, so grammatically u can go ahead.

But just a note of precaution, it is always good that to do a cmapplyconf that with at least that package down.

Also go thru the note that u should not define the conflicting policies.

So this is up to u ├в ┬ж. But I would have tried to do that with at least that package down ├в ┬ж with the surety that the package failover and failback testing has been previously done

Regards
Sujit
jeevarajkn
Frequent Advisor

Hi All

I am closing this thread.
Abd-El-Kerim

Changin items in cmclnodelist will not do anything since the cluster is already defined :(

For ordinary users recompile cluster file and set proper values for user permission related configuration settings (in the cluster config file)
To resolve root account permisison issues, stop "cm" related activities
#/etc/init.d/cmcluster.init stop

And Recompile cluster file right after that operation...
#cmapplyconf -C $SGCONF/cluster_file
Abd-El-Kerim

Changing items in cmclnodelist will not do anything since the cluster is already defined :(

For ordinary users recompile cluster file and set proper values for user permission related configuration settings (in the cluster config file)
To resolve root account permission issues, stop "cm" related activities
#/etc/init.d/cmcluster.init stop

And Recompile cluster file right after that operation...
#cmapplyconf -C $SGCONF/cluster_file