1753901 Members
8522 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

codeword for mirror-ux

Tim Killinger
Regular Advisor

codeword for mirror-ux

I haven't been able to get a human from HPs licensing group that can help me. But I have DVDs for September 2010 release of HPUX 11i V3 and also Application software. They sent me a codeword for disc BA927-10007. When I insert that disc and add the codeword for this disc, it accepts it, but I don not see mirror-ux as a listed choice. If I try to look at the second application disc in the set, it says I don't have the right codeword.

what am I missing, or is there some hidden, scret group within HP that might know?
11 REPLIES 11
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: codeword for mirror-ux

Which disk is Mirror/UX supposed to be on? The paper that has the code word for disk BA927-10007 should also list the software that will be unlocked by that codeword.

If Mirror/UX is not on that list then you won't be able to see it.
Tim Killinger
Regular Advisor

1) So, even without a codeword I should at least be able to at least see the software listed?

2) The codeword sheet lists that disk and mirrorux and onlinejfs (which I am supposed to be licensed for). If that's the disk HP lists, shouldn't that be the disk I look on?
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

1) No. If you are not licensed for the software it will not show up in the interactive swinstall screen.

2) Yes. Verify that you entered the codeword correctly and that the disk numbers match exactly.

To see your codewords from the command line have a look at the /var/adm/sw/.codewords file.
Tim Killinger
Regular Advisor

.codewords looks good - matches the paper codeword send with the dvds. Interactive swinstall does NOT list mirror ux, nor does it warn me (anymore) that there is codeworded software on the DVD since I added the codeword.

what am I missing? this shouldn't be that complicated, should it?
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi Tim:

Are you seeing B2491BA (which is the product ID for MirrorDisk/UX)?

Regards!

...JRF...
Tim Killinger
Regular Advisor

Here's what is listed...

B6960MA -> A.06.11 HP Data Protector ^ ├в
├в ├в GLib -> 1.2.10.16 GLib utility functions ├в
├в ├в GTK+ -> 1.2.10.16 GIMP Toolkit set of widg ├в
├в ├в Gettext -> 0.10.39.16 GNU gettext NLS library ├в
├в ├в HP-ACC-Link C.11.31.03 HP aCC_link Bundle ├в
├в ├в HP-Caliper-PERF -> C.11.31.05 HP Caliper Bundle ├в
├в ├в HP-WDB-DEBUGGER -> C.11.31.05 HP DEBUGGER Bundle ├в
├в ├в HPOvLcore -> 6.20.050 HP Software Core Functio ├в
├в ├в HPOvPerf -> 5.00.050 HP Software Performance
Ignite-UX -> C.7.11.439 HP-UX System Installatio ^ ├в
├в ├в Jdk60 -> 1.6.0.06.00 Java 6.0 JDK ├в
├в ├в Joob -> 2.05.00 Java2 Out-of-box ├в
├в ├в Jre60 -> 1.6.0.06.00 Java 6.0 JRE ├в
├в ├в Libiconv -> 1.6.1.16 Libiconv - Character set ├в
├в ├в Sec10Host -> B.01.04.10 Host-Based Lockdown, wit ├в
├в ├в Sec20MngDMZ -> B.01.04.10 Lockdown + block most in ├в
├в ├в Sec30DMZ -> B.01.04.10 Host-Based and IPFilter ├в
├в ├в SysMgmtAgent -> C.06.00.00.00 HP Systems Insight Manager
SysMgmtDB -> A.01.00-7.4.2 HP System Management Dat ├в
├в ├в SysMgmtServer -> C.06.00.00.00 HP Systems Insight Manag ├в
├в ├в VRTSat -> 4.3.34.10 Symantec Product Authent ├в
├в ├в VRTSicsco -> 1.3.27.2 Symantec Infrastructure ├в
├в ├в VRTSpbx -> 1.3.27.9 Symantec Private Branch ├в
├в ├в VRTSvdid -> 1.2.257.0 VERITAS Device Identific ├в
├в ├в VRTSvlic -> 3.02.24.0 Symantec License Utiliti ├в
├в ├в VRTSvxmsa -> 4.5.000.001 VxMS Application Deploym
Dave Johnson_1
Super Advisor

We do not run 11i v3 here, just v1 and v2 at this moment. However I have received a few v3 DVD's and non of the OS or Application DVD's have letters in the DVD part number, only the instant information DVD does. Is it possible you are looking at the wrong line on your license key info?
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

There should be a text file in the Applications DVD's root directory, that contains a full listing of all the software on the Applications DVD set, whether codeword-protected or not.

The list should look exactly like this:
http://www.hp.com/softwarereleases/releases-media2/latest/RA1009/BA927-10007.pdf

(Note: this is the documented listing of the disc BA927-10007 straight from HP. Even assuming that you're seeing only non-codeworded software, your listing seems far from complete.)

Unless... are you viewing the 11i v3 Applications DVD in a system that is not 11i v3? In that case, the the swinstall/swcopy UI automatically leaves out all the bundles and products that are not marked as compatible with the HP-UX version swinstall/swcopy is running on. There is an option you can enable to get around it: you should think twice before using it with swinstall, but with swcopy it can certainly be useful.

swcopy -x allow_incompatible=true ...

MK
MK
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

# swlist -l product |grep B2491BA

probably will give nothing; this is what JRF suspected;