1753400 Members
7061 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: connection problem

kacou
Regular Advisor

connection problem

i can't open connection on my hpux server (11iv2) using putty.
but when i open a session by another machine and do ''ssh kacou@10.2.5.x''it's works.
so help me.
10 REPLIES 10
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Did you select ssh as the connection type in putty?

Robert-Jan
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

>>i can't open connection on my hpux server (11iv2) using putty.

Do you get any errors? Are you using SSH with PUTTY or are you using telnet or rlogin?

kacou
Regular Advisor

Did you select ssh as the connection type in putty? ==> yes

Do you get any errors? Are you using SSH with PUTTY or are you using telnet or rlogin ==> i have not error. telenet and rloging are stopped by default on this server.

OldSchool
Honored Contributor

so, let's see if I've got this straight:

PuTTY connection to serverA (11iV2 hpux) doesn't work, while PuTTY to some other server (serverb) does? And once in serverB, you can ssh to serverA?

Are you running sshd on port other than 22 perhaps? Also, in the PuTTY config, turn on "log everything" and see what you find in the file after a failed connection.
kacou
Regular Advisor

""Are you running sshd on port other than 22 perhaps? Also, in the PuTTY config, turn on "log everything" and see what you find in the file after a failed connection""

==> i am running sshd on port 22. This port (22) is open because by another server i can log on my server using ssh kacou@10.2.x.x.

i stop the sshd daemon and restart it and the problem still persistes
OldSchool
Honored Contributor

ok, in the PuTTY installation directory, you should find a program called "plink.exe"

Assuming the userid you are trying to connect as is "kacou", the from a Windows commnand prompt, run the following:

plink -ssh -v kacou@10.2.5.x

What does that report?
Tingli
Esteemed Contributor

Can you ping the server from your Window?
kacou
Regular Advisor

1) ├в plink├в is not recognized as an internal command or external, a executable program or a command file. (when i execute Oldschool command)
2) i can't ping the server from windows, but from another hpux server i can
kacou
Regular Advisor

OK!!! THANKS A LOT , THE PROBLEM IS RESOLVED. IT'S MY NETWORK'S ADMINISTRATOR WHICH BLOCKED THE SWITCH PORT USING THE IP ADRESS (10.2.5.x)