108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: createf LV in storage

SOLVED
Go to solution
joseph51
Regular Advisor

createf LV in storage

I have two disk a & b in vg01.In that 'a' is from a high storage and "b" is from a low end storage.can any one tell me how can i careate a lvol1 in vg01 with in the disk "a".
10 REPLIES 10
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

man lvcreate
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

For someone who can't even seem to figure out something as simple as assigning points to reward the people that attempt to help you, you sure seem to have a lot of questions.

What are you studying for?

Pete

Pete
Ganesan R
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Binu,

First you create a LV with 0 bytes.

#lvcreate -n lvdata vg01

Now extend the LV onto a certain disk:

# lvextend -L 500 /dev/vg01/lvdata /dev/dsk/c4t2d0
Best wishes,

Ganesh.
joseph51
Regular Advisor

hi pete

today i ve attended one interview.here are the few questions that i couldnt answer.actually i am good in superdome,vpar & npar & mcsg .i dnt ve that much idea of hpux administration..m not studying .i m wrking in hp field work
joseph51
Regular Advisor

hi ganesan,

cant we create a lv with lvcreate command rather than first creating a lv with 0 byte..
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

No.. not possible

Please reer to the man page for the syntax
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90691/lvcreate.1M.html

SYNOPSIS

/usr/sbin/lvcreate [-A autobackup] [-c mirror_consistency] [-C contiguous] [-d schedule] [-D distributed] [-i stripes -I stripe_size] [-l le_number | -L lv_size] [-m mirror_copies] [-M mirror_write_cache] [-n lv_name] [-p permission] [-r relocate] [-s strict] vg_name

### We cant mention a PV

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90691/lvextend.1M.html

SYNOPSIS

/usr/sbin/lvextend [-A autobackup] {-l le_number | -L lv_size | -m mirror_copies} lv_path [pv_path ... | pvg_name ...]

### pv_path can be mentioned

I believe this is clear..

PS: Please assign points to your post !!
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

So you're studying for your next interview. I really don't see this as being any different than mis-using the Forums to answer exam questions. You're taking up the time of people who are here simply to try and help others with their technical problems, you're cluttering the Forums with trivial questions, and you are unable to even extend the courtesy of rewarding people's efforts in your behalf by assigning a few lousy points.

Just my opinion.

Pete

Pete
joseph51
Regular Advisor

hi avinash

thanks for you replay. i tried the commands which tou told me.. its working..thanks