1752832 Members
3539 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: creating channels for pathcing

skt_skt
Honored Contributor

creating channels for pathcing

I want to do the patching(s/w update as well as kernel update)for all my RHEL AS 2.1, AS 3 and AS 4 servers.

i want to create base channels for all this RHEL versions and i will be subscribing the servers to the respective new channels.

example if i create channel on 01/20 would be NOT be further get updated(isolated from update) from the red-hat-satellite and the same channel would be used for all servers. Entire pathcing cycle will take months.

I am currently going through the "channel management". But any tips will be appreciated.I use RHN version 5.0.0
4 REPLIES 4
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Creating clone channel from rhn server (version 5)for pathcing and getting following error.

"
500 Error - Internal Server Error
You may have reached this page in one of the following ways:

You are using an outdated version of Konqueror 3.0, which may not handle form variables properly in all cases. Continuing to use this outdated version of Konqueror may have unexpected results. Please up2date to the latest version of Konqueror (3.03 or greater), or if this is not possible, please use another browser.
You've found an error in the site. Please report this error to your local administrator with details of how you received this message. "

any one have any suggetion on the subject or the above mentioned error
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

i was skipping "GPG key URL" and "GPG key ID" ? Could thet casue problems..? How to identify the "GPG key URL"?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

i did fix this..

jabberd service restarted . Also the table space were added to Satellite server DB.
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

fixed