HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
System Administration
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating ignite with gui (first time)

Donald Thaler
Super Advisor

creating ignite with gui (first time)

using the ignite gui, i created the client, and i believe the next step is to do a new client install. in looking at the ignite admin guide it says 'Command libraries and other files must be loaded and removed as needed.'.
(1) what do they mean by removed ??
the admin guide also says 'HP-UX archives and depot software are installed. The HP-UX kernel is built.
(2) is it building a new kernel to replace the existing kernel (right now) or does it mean it's building a new kernel to be placed on the recovery file?
The admin guided concludes:
A reboot is required to start the final HP-UX kernel and make the new file system the root file system.
(3) I was told a reboot was not required after creating the installation. And i'm a little confused as to what 'making the new file system the root file system' means ?
This is the first time i'm trying to build an ignite recovery file and i'm a little hesitant about what's going to happen to the current environment when this thing finishes, even though i'm doing on my backup server ?