New Discussion юеВ

dl360 g5

SOLVED
Go to solution
ilayy
Regular Advisor

dl360 g5

hi exper
i have dl 360 g5 when i boot the server i have no display and the led of system degrated is red and the server start horning. i have no spare parts to know if it is the cpu or ram or motherboard can u help me to know which part is the deffective?
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: dl360 g5

Slide out the System Insight Display from the bottom right of the server's front face. When the system LED is red, that display should indicate the failing component(s) with yellow LED(s).

If that does not give any clues, strip the server down to minimum configuration. Just one CPU and 2 sticks of memory. If that makes the server work, one of the components you removed is faulty - swap the parts around one at a time to find out which one.

If the server still fails, some of the components still in place is faulty - can you replace it with one of the parts you removed and then try again? (e.g. if you have two CPUs and you removed #2 and the system still does not work, remove CPU #1 and install CPU #2 in its place, then try again.)

If nothing seems to make a difference or the fault seems to jump around illogically, the fault is probably in the system board.

MK
MK
ilayy
Regular Advisor

Re: dl360 g5

thanks for your help it is the motherboard