6080 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

download from software depot

Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

download from software depot

Hi all:

I admit it has been a while since I've been on software depot, but it used to be that if I needed free software I complete the form and download the software. Now there is a review process before downloads are allowed. I filled out the form and submitted this AM, some 5-6 hrs ago. How long do you have to wait for free software? I need the quorum server package for RH5 Linux.

I tried making some calls to HP but I get the run around. I was transferred to 4 different people and not 1 of them could answer the question. Not 1 of them even knew what the software depot was!

What used to be the best support (HP support was second to none) has now become one of the worse, if not the worst.

Anybody know how long the review process is? Know who to call to get some info?

To make your customers wait an undetermined amount of time for free software is pretty sad.
6 REPLIES 6
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Re: download from software depot

Yeah, they keep 'doing things'.

Seems more and more, eventually I guess all, is going to go through the HP Business Portal. Do you have a login for that? Have you tried looking over there for it?

Just a thought,
Rita
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

HI Rick:

You now need to sign-in with an HP PassPort, but then you should be able to fill-out the form and click "Get Software" on the '
Download software and license' order confirmation page. There shouldn't be any waiting.

Regards!

...JRF...
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Thanks Rita - been there looking for it. no-joy
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Hi James

I do have an HP PassPort login/passwd and that is what I used. But it is telling me that my information will be reviewed. And like I said, over 5 hrs ago, almost 6 hrs ago. For free software!
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Finally, got someone to help.

Dig into the FAQ on the software depot and you will find an 800 number.

Takes 6-8 hours to get software - this includes free software
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Finally. For free software you have to wait some 6-8 hours.