Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1752790 Members
6041 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

english language keyboard

Ger_2

english language keyboard

How do I add an english UK keyboard to tru64, currently the only keyboard option installed is an English US one, any suggestions please..
as I am having troulbe using | ect as the key does not exist on the english UK keyboard
5 REPLIES 5
Peter Leddy_1
Esteemed Contributor

Re: english language keyboard

I had the same problem only last week. The way I got around it was to change the console variable "language" to be 0x38 using this command

consvar -s language 0x38(Probably set to 0x36 at the moment, can list it with consvar -g language)

then

consvar -a(To save the value for each reboot)

and then I had to reboot. I am not sure if this can be accomplished dynamically, haven't found a way yet.

Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

have you looked, whether the console variable language has uk in its list?

Michael
Ger_2

In my keyboard options the only language shown id US_ENGLISH, on other machines i have seenboth US_ENGLISH and UKENGLISH are available ?????
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

what alpha and firmware do you have?

Michael
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Be sure the keyboard is correct detected and supported by the hardware. A sizer -wk is a good starter and should print the used keyboard model which should match your keyboard.

dxkeyboard is the next command which will give the current detected layout. If this will not match check the "language" console variable which will be used to select the correct language (see previous posts).

So the keyboard type and language setting must match to select the correct X11 and console layout.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }