108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: error in syslog file

SOLVED
Go to solution
nagarjuna reddy
Advisor

i am not the root user here, i think that is why it didn't permit me.
ani007
Super Advisor

#ioscan -fnC disk|grep c1t1d0s2
#diskinfo /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s2
nagarjuna reddy
Advisor

1. sh: ioscan: not found.

2. sh: diskinfo: not found

ani007
Super Advisor
Solution

May be you dont have the priviledge as you are not root user.what you can do provide the ctd no (c1t1d0s2) to Unix System Administrater, tell then to check this.They will able to issue the command.
If the dd command shows error then contact vendor.

Please assign points remember, this forum is supported by people DONATING their time and energies into solutions for you.you can assign points from 0-10 what ever you want
Regards,
Ani
nagarjuna reddy
Advisor

Thanks Very Much

I really thankful to you, you are right i do not have the root privileges to get the required info. i surely give you the points. and pls. let me know, what are the possible issues i find any thing wrong.

regards,
nagarjuna
ani007
Super Advisor

It├в s a h/w error ..Anytime can be happen..so when you will fire ioscan it should be good if it shows CLAIMED, if it shows no_hardware then you need to check.
Next from dd command o/p if it says input o/p error that means you have problem with the disk... then you need to log a case with vendor ...may be they will replace the disk. ALL of these not your task. This should be done by unix admin.as a DBA max. you can give them the CTD no (which u hv now).Even if you don├в t give them the ctd no then also they will able to find it from syslog...So don't waste ur time give me ctd no to them they will take necessary actions.

Regards,
Ani

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

From the previous commands, we know that "dev: b 31 0x011002" refers to /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s2.

Now, the only reason for a modern HP-UX disk to have "s2" at the end of the device name is when it is a system disk in an Itanium system.

> vmunix: LVM: Failed to automatically resync PV 1f011002 error: 5

This also refers to /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s2: 1f in hexadecimal = 31 in decimal.

Your system disk appears to have been mirrored, and this message indicates one of the mirror halves is not healthy.

If your database is not installed on vg00, the disk failure does not threaten your database directly... but unless the failed disk is replaced, the system will crash if the second half of the mirrored system disk fails too. And a system crash *would* threaten your database along with the rest of the system.

MK
MK
madhuchakkaravarthy
Trusted Contributor

hi

brw-r----- 1 bin sys 31 0x011002 Jun 28 2007 /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s2

===============================

execute

# ll /dev/*/group

and identify its particular vg . and do a vgdisplay -v vgname and check for current pv and open pv.

better talk to ur unix admin he might be giving some useful tips to u

regards

MC