1753450 Members
5878 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: fbackup warnings for /opt/services/mqueue

SOLVED
Go to solution

fbackup warnings for /opt/services/mqueue

For the last 2 weeks or so, each night we get an entry in our backup log stating:

fbackup(1102): WARNING: unable to stat file /opt/hpservices/mqueue/OQa031_SDTS_HP_Services.mot

and a corresponding:

fbackup(3005): WARNING: file number 363261 was NOT backed up

We've been getting an incremental (by 1) increase in the number of each of the messages above each night since about 2 weeks ago.

What is causing this?
How do I fix the cause of these messages?

Thanks
Mike
7 REPLIES 7
Berd
Trusted Contributor

Michael,

Is /opt/hpservices/mqueue some sort of mail queue ? I'm wondering if the file did exist when the fbackup process started, but then by the time the backup comes to back it up the file has disappeared.

If so, you shoud be able to exclude the directory from your backup.

HTH

Berd

Berd -

Yes, I believe it is some sort of mail queue related to HP diagnostics. I'm concerned that there is an issue I need to address since these messages have only started to show up in the last 2 weeks.

How do I know if I need to take some sort of system administration action vs just excluding these files from the backup?

Mike
Berd
Trusted Contributor

The error message is telling you the file does not exist. Can you see it on your server now ? If not, then I'd say you have no further action to take other than to exclude the directory as you probably don't require a backup of this transient location.

Berd

Berd -
Ok, that makes sense if the file does not exist.
How do I exclude that path from the backup job? I couldn't find any options in SAM to enter exclusions?
Thanks
Mike
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

> Ok, that makes sense if the file does not exist.

This is true of any lengthy backup. The list of files is collected at the start but after an hour of backup time, many files (usually temporary) will be removed.

> How do I exclude that path from the backup job? I couldn't find any options in SAM to enter exclusions?

For interactive or automated backups, the first window shows the included and excluded directories/files. Don't use "Local File Systems..." as the include/exclude boxes won't have selection options. Use "Specified Files" and then you can exclude /opt/hpservices/mqueue.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin

Bill-
Makes sense...I can see where to make the exclusions.
Thanks for the help.
Mike

Issue resolved