Operating System - HP-UX
1752376 Members
5932 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: frecover: option to prevent recreation of the same directory inside a subdirectory

SOLVED
Go to solution
sysad_boy
Frequent Advisor

frecover: option to prevent recreation of the same directory inside a subdirectory

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding frecover. I recently performed fbackup on a particular filesystem labeled: /home/appl.

This filesystem is currently residing in vg00 which I will destroy and create the same filesystem to vg01.

What then now should the correct frecover command to be used in order to restore files from my fbackup media containing /home/appl?

I am worried that when I initiate my frecover command it will create a subdirectory of /home/appl under my new /home/appl in vg01.

For short I want the restoration to retain the directory /home/appl

and not this:

/home/appl/home/appl/myfilesfromtape/xxx/xxx

I want it to be:

/home/appl/myfilesfromtape/xxx/xxx

TIA!
4 REPLIES 4
Sunny123_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: frecover: option to prevent recreation of the same directory inside a subdirectory

Hi

Just use following
if you create new file system
then
#cd /home/appl
#frecover -vXf /dev/rmt/1m -i /home/appl/

Regards
Sunny
Sunny123_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi
Also try -F option

-F = Recover files without recovering leading directories.For example, this option would be used if a user wants to recover /usr/bin/vi, /usr/bin/sh, and /etc/passwd to a local directory without creating each of the graph structures.

Regards
Sunny
Sunny123_1
Esteemed Contributor

Hi sysad_boy

Did you got the solution???

Regards
Sunny
sysad_boy
Frequent Advisor

I am still not allowed to do the restoration at this moment since I am dealing with a production server.

I will be performing restoration tonight after I made use of my Ignite backup to extend my root file system.

Thanks!