108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: greatest achievements

SOLVED
Go to solution
Belinda Dermody
Super Advisor

Making the system I maintain work for me instead of working for them. With the mind set if I have to do it more than once write a program to do it and let me know when it isn't done. Try to stay one step ahead of the next situation or question. I have been acknowledge for my uptime on all of my system and the applications that are run on and the problems that might occur.
Michael Lampi
Trusted Contributor

Maintaining 45+ HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, IRIX, Tru64, FreeBSD and Windoze servers and workstations, 4 web servers, firewalls, VPN's and WAN's, and still have time to work with customers, MDL's sales force and this forum - and still have time left over to see my family!
A journey of 1000 steps ends in a mile.
Michael Tully
Honored Contributor

On the humourous side: Recently I had to sit in a meeting with the most boring git giving a presentation on a product I knew more about than he did. I not only managed to stay awake, I also asked him so many questions that the answers were always, "I'll have to get to you on that!"

Now that was an achievement!
Anyone for a Mutiny ?
john korterman
Honored Contributor

It all depends on the point of view:
Some years ago when I had just started working for a new company I was called upon by the receptionst. It was late on a Friday afternoon and she requested a "technician" - urgently, judging by the tone of her voice. I hardly qualified as a "technician", it was my first week with the company and had at that time not done anything without asking others first. However, I was the only person around and she urged me to come along. The problem turned out to be that a customer had got himself locked up in the men's room; he had in fact already spent an hour in there, unvoluntarily. The door was easily be opened with a swiss-army knife (literally speaking) and judging by the facial expression of the customer it must have been my greatest achievement as a "technician" ever!
it would be nice if you always got a second chance
U.SivaKumar_2
Honored Contributor

Innovations are made when conventions are broken
donne007
Regular Advisor

Hi
My Collegues used to ask me wat the Secret of troubleshooting, I just tell my boys that "it's trail & Error" and I belive in 'Hook or Crook see to it the work is Done "

Good Luck
Asif
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

Configured Apache server with PHP 4.2 and integrating Informix module, on HPUX 11i. For Informix you would hardly find any documents and finally intergating GD library and plotting graphs using jplot.
Its fun now extracting data from Database and playing with reports as you like.
It was really a great achievement without any assistance.

Rajeev
Steven Sim Kok Leong
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I guess the one place people are likely to put their greatest achievements would be in their resumes.

So for me, my greatest achievements are spelt out in my resume:

https://www.beepz.com/personal/steven/myself/Steven_Sim_Resume.pdf

Steven Sim Kok Leong
U.SivaKumar_2
Honored Contributor

Hi Steve,

I am able to access that site. "Connection timed out error "

My Connectivity is ok.

regards,
U.SivaKumar
Innovations are made when conventions are broken
Steven Sim Kok Leong
Honored Contributor

Hi Siva,

Works fine for me over the Internet.

Try this:

# telnet www.beepz.com 443

You should see connected.

# nslookup www.beepz.com

You should see 218.186.64.125.

Btw, I presume your browser supports the HTTPS protocol.

Hope this helps. Regards.

Steven Sim Kok Leong