4115 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: gsp log

M. Tariq Ayub
Regular Advisor

gsp log

Hi,

I have a rp 5470 server. The GSP lan is not gonfigured fot lan access. The attention is blinking. what is the commands to check GSP errors from unix system?

Tariq
9 REPLIES 9
RAC_1
Honored Contributor

There is cclogview or similar command.
There is no substitute to HARDWORK
Morcos
Super Advisor

Hi Tariq,
From the console, press ctrl+b (^b) to go to GSP, then sl (show log).

Regards,
Ziad
M. Tariq Ayub
Regular Advisor

I donot have any console. I have seen by telnetting to that machine previously. But i forgot the command.
VEL_1
Valued Contributor

Hi,

You can use the GSP "SL" command to see the error logs.

Also look the following link for various commands:

http://docs.hp.com/en/B2355-90702/ch03s03.html#cihdfebe

Morcos
Super Advisor

Tariq,
From what I know, I don't think that you can go to GSP by telnet, you must be on the console or by using the GSP lan.
M. Tariq Ayub
Regular Advisor

I donot have access to gsp. The switch is not working.
M. Tariq Ayub
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I am not trying to logon to gsp. But from root prompt you can see gsp logs. I have seen that previously.

Tariq
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

Hi Ayub.
You can access GSP via Serial port or LAN. if you can not connect Lan console. Let connect to GSP via serial port(DB25pin at backend of server). and then use terminal software (such as CRT, Windown Terminal..) to connect to
After connected. Press Ctrl+G. and issue SL command.
HP is simple
Stefan Stechemesser
Honored Contributor

Hi,

on the rp5470 you can access the GSP logs with the Support Tools Manager:

1.) cstm
2.) cstm> ru logtool
3.) logtool> ce

use the default logfile /var/stm/logs/os/ccerrlog.
The GSP logs are displayed in text format in a more pager. You can end more with "q" and then enter "sa" to save the log in text format.

The binary ccerrlog file is filled with GSP logs by the process cclogd which comes with the online diagnostics. cclogd is able to log codes when they appear and also post-log codes that happened when the OS was down.

Serious errors are also logged to /var/opt/resmon/log/event.log by the dm_chassis monitor of EMS (Event Monitoring Services) which is also part of the Online Diagnostics.

best regards

Stefan