New Discussion юеВ

host base mirroring

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shah Gaurang B.
Frequent Advisor

host base mirroring

Hi Experts,

I have to do host base mirroring and distance between two sites (storage location) is around 25KM.

Is it possible? What are the drawbacks of it?

Thanks in Advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Re: host base mirroring

If using LVM, this may require buying and installing the MirrorDisk/UX product; this product is included with the purchase of the HP-UX 11i Enterprise Operating Environment. If using VxVM, you need to buy a license for the Advance VxVM functionality that includes data mirroring. If we are using advanced RAID arrays such as HP's XP disk arrays, the design rules for an Extended Serviceguard Cluster dictate that no array-based data replication must be used. Using array-based data replication requires us to move to at least a Metrocluster solution.
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Shah Gaurang B.
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rao,

I have to do for LVM. Will it work for about 25 KM distance?
Avinash20
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, it possible but it depends on the connectivity between the storages
With recent advances in Fibre Channel technologies, i.e., DWDM, the distances we are now talking about are up to 100Km
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

To discuss on the Storage based connectivity, please post your query in
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=248
Shah Gaurang B.
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Rao,

Do you have any document link which I can refer for more information?