5736 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

how the assignment of new Virtual Disk to the Bay appears without reboot Linux

SOLVED
Go to solution
Maaz
Valued Contributor

Re: how the assignment of new Virtual Disk to the Bay appears without reboot Linux

excellent help, thanks

summurize:
----------
1, I am configuring a cold standby server(without any clustering Suite, and Clustering FS).

2, Present the VDisk to only one machine(ServerA) and not to the other machine(machineB).
3, Configure the VDisk(partition, format, moutpoint) on machineA only, and obviously machineB doesnt aware of that Disk(VDisk).
4, When machineA is down, using EVA present the VDisk to machineB.
5, scan the VDisk on machineB(hp_rescan etc).

Now after the above excercise on machineB, I will see the partition(not just disk) on machineB, with the proper filesystem on it(as partition and filesystem was already build/configured from machineA). I just need to mount the filesystem.

Yes Ivan after the information I got from the forum, I think we must choose the following(as we need a hot standby)
1, OCFS2 (so that both machines can access the Disk simultaneously)
2, HP Service Guard (to configure the cluster)

Thanks n Regards
Maaz
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Re: how the assignment of new Virtual Disk to the Bay appears without reboot Linux

Redhat cluster suit also will work!
Maaz
Valued Contributor

Thanks Once again.

please acknowledge my previous post. my assumptions/understandings are correct or not ? please check my previous post, and correct me if i am wrong, and if i am right give me appreciation ;)

Regards
Maaz