Operating System - HP-UX
1753451 Members
6067 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how to add filesystem in SGeSAP environment.

SOLVED
Go to solution
ASIFKHAN
Frequent Advisor

how to add filesystem in SGeSAP environment.

Hi All,

We have one systems that has simple clustering as well as SGeSAP clustering(Active-Passive clustering) too.
Due to some space crunch i have created one dg(vxvm4.1) and then created 2 filesystems of 100GB.
Now i want to add this filesystems into the cluster so i have plan as follows:

1- stop the cluster by cmhaltcl -f or by cmahltpkg ,then cmhaltnode and finally cmhaltcl.
2- cmviewcl to verify
3- add dg's in cluster ascii file
4- then cmcheckonf -v -c cluster ascii file
5- if everythng ok then
cmapplyconf -v -c cluster ascii file
6- then adding the filsytems into package controller file
7- then sarting the cluster or node then package
8- bdf - to verify that whether clutser it self mounted thatnew filsystems or not
9- Then try to failover the package to check is it working(getting mounted) over another node too.
10- bdf

So please verify the above procedure and tell me whether my procedure is correct or there is a chance of correction.

Thanks
MAk
8 REPLIES 8
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor
Solution

Your procedure looks robust and sound to me. Just make sure your mount points exist before you run the cluster and start the package. Let's say you are mounting these new filesystems on

/sapdata/SID/data04
and
/sapdata/SID/data05

make sure the directories exists.

Other than that, your procedure should be fine

Hi Mel,

Thanks for reply, currently this filesystems are mounted using /etc/fstab and they are visible in bdf.I have done it for temporarily purpose and it is in use now & its space is getting utilized.

Thanks,
MAK
Steven E. Protter
Exalted Contributor

Shalom MAk,

Its a good plan.

I suggest you schedule it and try it.

You may run into an unexpected error message, but you can report that to this thread and get help.

If its a really critical system you might want to open a software case with the response center.

SEP
Steven E Protter
Owner of ISN Corporation
http://isnamerica.com
http://hpuxconsulting.com
Sponsor: http://hpux.ws
Twitter: http://twitter.com/hpuxlinux
Founder http://newdatacloud.com
ASIFKHAN
Frequent Advisor

Hi Steven,
Yes it is really a critical system.
as it is a HR landscape server.

And thanks for your suggestion to open a software call with response center.I will do that.

Thanks,
MAK
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

This statement

>Thanks for reply, currently this filesystems are mounted using /etc/fstab

and this one below

>We have one systems that has simple clustering as well as SGeSAP clustering

are quite contradictory. If you are using a filesystem under cluster control, they should not exist in fstab unless they are commented out and left there just for reference purposes. Or, are you using veritas cluster filesystems to make them available on both cluster nodes simultaneously ?

Hi Mel,

Yes,this filesystem is not under cluster control & we need to put it under cluster control and since at that time customer needed one filsystem urgently so i made 1 dg(vxvm4.1) and also one volume and mounted over /sapdata10 using /etc/fstab and now it is in use and got utilized approx. 60%. and now cuatomer wants this new filsystem to be added into the Cluster control.
So my concern is if now i will go ahead and try to add this filesystems into cluster environment instead of /etc/fstab then what would happen to the data residing over the this filsystem.would it be lost or remian intact.

Thanks & Regards
MAK
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

You will not lose the contents of your filesystem just by putting the filesystem under cluster control. In order to lose data, you need to deliberately destroy the data and nothing in your sequence of actions have a possibility to do that.

There is one thing in your procedure that caught my attention. When working with LVM volumes (not VxVM), in order to sync up the logical volume maps on both cluster members, you need to "vgexport -p" and create reference files, copy them to the other node and vgimport using these map files, to make the /etc/lvmtab consistent. Having not worked with VxVM filesystems under SG control, I am not sure how this is accomplished. But prior to failing the package over to the secondary node, it is best to check and make sure the dg information is concurrent on both nodes.

Hope this helps

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your replies.I will check and perform for VxVM filesystems.