Operating System - Linux
1753954 Members
7503 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

how to create a SSHFS mount drive on RH linux machine for remote HPUX-PA machine home dire.,

GaneshrajS
Advisor

how to create a SSHFS mount drive on RH linux machine for remote HPUX-PA machine home dire.,

Hi,
Will you please let me know the procedure to create a SSHFS mount drive for my remote HPUX-PA home directory on my local Linux(RH)? I am able to do it through NFS, but I need to do it through SSHFS.
Thanks,
Ganeshraj.S
1 REPLY 1
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Re: how to create a SSHFS mount drive on RH linux machine for remote HPUX-PA machine home dire.,

assuming you are the root user on your linux box (otherwise preceed the commands by a sudo clause)

1. yum install fuse-sshfs
2. edit /etc/group file and add your username to fuse group

-from now on I made following assumptions
------ your linux username is Lganesh
------ your hpux username is also Hganesh
------ your home directory on both sides is /home/

3. create a local directory where you want to mount the sshfs filesystem, such as:
mkdir /home/Lganesh/myremotehpux_home
4. chown ganesh /home/Lganesh/myremotehpux_home
5. sshfs my.hpux.server.com:/home/Hganesh /home/Lganesh/myremotehpux_home
6. cd /home/Lganesh/myhpux_home
7. ls -l

at this point, you will be able to see the hpux home directory contents.

Hope this helps.

Last but not the least, please visit your profile and see the questions you asked and got answers for and assign some points to show your appreciation to those taking time from their day to answer those questions. Your questions with answers which you did not assign any points, can be found here:

http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/pageList.do?userId=WW123948&listType=unassigned&forumId=1