108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: how to make an ordinary user, the SysAdmin

SOLVED
Go to solution
Maaz
Valued Contributor

Thanks Jerome Henry for the support. Infact here we are not using Amanda or mondo. We are using tar. Yes ur idea is good that is I can also set cron to take backups, but as u know that backup requirement are frequently changed, sometimes the whole /home backup is needed, but sometimes only the backup of /home/jasica/ is needed.
Francisco Soler, many thanks for ur response.

Olivier Drouin, Once again many thanks for ur kind support. Olivier Drouin, could u please write me the exact syntax /etc/sudoers, I m using tar.

Many Thanks

Maaz
Maaz
Valued Contributor

Olivier Drouin, could u please write me the exact syntax /etc/sudoers, I m using tar.

Many Thanks

Maaz
Saravana Kumar_2

Infact here we are not using Amanda or mondo. We are using tar. Yes ur idea is good that is I can also set cron to take backups, but as u know that backup requirement are frequently changed, sometimes the whole /home backup is needed, but sometimes only the backup of /home/jasica/ is needed.

Maaz,

how many such users u have like this.
Plan:
What are all the directories u have to backup.
Frequency of the backup.

By this you will get an idea which to backup & when. There are options in tar for incremental backups. I use tar too. Once in a week a full backup and incremental backup on week days would be a ideal choice.

HTH,
SK