New Discussion юеВ

Re: how to monitor hpux 11.31 kernel parameters

SOLVED
Go to solution
ewangsh
Frequent Advisor

how to monitor hpux 11.31 kernel parameters

hi, all:

I used "keusage" to monitor the hpux kernel, and someone said there are other  parameters should be monitor. So my qestion is , which parameters should be monitor and use what tools to watch the usage of thest parameters.

B.R.

Wang

4 REPLIES 4
pradeep m
Respected Contributor
Solution

Hi Wang,
In addition to "kcusage" command you can use the "kcweb" tool to manage and monitor kernel tenables, modules and alarms.

The HP-UX Kernel Configuration tool (kcweb) provides both Web-based and terminal user interface. The Web-based interface is launched through the HP System Management Homepage.

For more details refer the man page of kcweb.
Regards,
Pradeep

I am an HP Employee
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details

rariasn
Honored Contributor

Hi: The kcalarm(1M) command is used to add, modify and delete kernel tunable alarms. The kcusage(1M) command is used to view data collected by kcmond. The kcweb(1M) command provides a Web-based, graphical userinterface to control alarms and view usage data, including graphs of the usage data. kcusage gives data useful in setting 25 kernel tunables. The way the usage information for each kernel tunable is interpreted is slightly different for each tunable. man kcmond EMS (Event Monitoring Service) is a monitoring service that polls a system resource and sends messages when events occur. An event is something you want to know about. For example, you may want to be alerted when a disk goes down or when available filesystem space falls below a certain level. EMS allows you to configure what you consideran event for any given system resource (disk, filesystem space, network interfaces). man ems rgs
ewangsh
Frequent Advisor

Thanks
ewangsh
Frequent Advisor

thanks