Operating System - HP-UX
1752767 Members
5073 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hub for sg failover ?what hubs can I order so it fits into hprack ?

Sammy_2
Super Advisor

hub for sg failover ?what hubs can I order so it fits into hprack ?

I got a hp rack (A4902D) which has 3 prongs (220V) power sockets . What heartbeat hub can I order so I don't have to change power outlet >

Will this work:
3Com OfficeConnect Dual Speed Hub 5 - hub - 5 ports (part # 3C16755-US)
good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement.
2 REPLIES 2
Mel Burslan
Honored Contributor

Re: hub for sg failover ?what hubs can I order so it fits into hprack ?

I have te same exact device that I once used at my home. It requires a power adapter, does not directly plugs into the the mains. And as far as I can remember, the power supply was not universal voltage which came with it. As its power requirement is only 3V DC, I think you can find an adapter which converts 220V AC to 3V DC quite easily if you want to use this one.

On the other hand, these devices are not designed for 24x7 continuous operation and under those circumstances, the possibility of a failure is substantially high. And you are bringing in MCSG for higher availability. This device will put a big chink in the armor as far as reliability goes. You do not want to increase your chances of failure. If I were you, I would contact my network folks and have them assign you two production grade switch ports and create a new VLAN just for these two ports, so that traffic overload on the segment and what have you would nto be problem. And as the production networks bear a higher than SOHO grade reliability, you are much better off compared to this 3com device.

HTH

Re: hub for sg failover ?what hubs can I order so it fits into hprack ?

Thanks Mel. Do you have model no. of some hubs that will plug directly into the hp rack without a adapter ?
good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement.