Operating System - HP-UX
1751972 Members
4880 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

i got following msgs in syslog wat does it mean SCSI: Resetting SCSI -- lbolt: 957842, bus: 5 path:

SOLVED
Go to solution
arun khatwani
Frequent Advisor

i got following msgs in syslog wat does it mean SCSI: Resetting SCSI -- lbolt: 957842, bus: 5 path:

SCSI: Resetting SCSI -- lbolt: 957842, bus: 5 path: 1/0/0/3/1

SCSI: Reset detected -- lbolt: 957842, bus: 5 path: 1/0/0/3/1

wat shld be done wat should be check

3 REPLIES 3
Johnson Punniyalingam
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: i got following msgs in syslog wat does it mean SCSI: Resetting SCSI -- lbolt: 957842, bus: 5 path:

Can you try see wether the disk is claimed .?

ioscan -fnH 1/0/0/3/1

ioscan -fnC disk

Thanks,
Johnson
Problems are common to all, but attitude makes the difference
Shardha
Valued Contributor

Re: i got following msgs in syslog wat does it mean SCSI: Resetting SCSI -- lbolt: 957842, bus: 5 path:

Dear Arun,

This disk is bad. your need to replace the disk. If you need further information about to locate the disk, please let us now.

Shardha.
sujit kumar singh
Honored Contributor

Hi Arun,

As suggested by Johnson please try doing the ioscan
#ioscan -fnH 1/0/0/3/1
this shall show you all the HW devices on that SCSI bus including the SCSI controller.
Check the status of the disks as NO_HW or claimed and also of the SCSI Controller.
The disks as you shall be getting in the earlier ioscan O/P please try doing a dd for read on one/all of the disks on that path.

#dd if=/dev/rdsk/cXtYdZ of=/dev/null count=1000

This shall lead you to know if the disk and/or IO path to that disk are OK or not.

As this tells an SCSI reset the Controller would have been reset due aome electrical probs or disk issues ormight be alsodue to the cable, or was an external tape drive was attached /detached on that controller in powered on condition( of the Tape Drive).

Good that you log a case with the HP support for that.

regards
sujit