1753774 Members
6957 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iLo Goofy after Webex

Craig Johnson_1
Regular Advisor

iLo Goofy after Webex

After a Webex session I cannot seem to get the iLo to display correctly. I can log in, but it gets all messed up and is missing pictures and menus. Anyone else have this issue? Help!
9 REPLIES 9
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen your issue, but since Webex does rather complex things with Java and your web browser, it's possible it has left something that interferes with the iLO display.

Try clearing your web browser's cache and then close and restart your browser.

If you're using the standard Java package (originally developed by Sun, now Oracle's), then clearing your Java applet cache shouldn't hurt either: it's easiest to do if you can access the Java Control Panel. On Windows, it appears as an item in the system's standard Control Panel; on Linux, it might be available through your desktop menus, but it should be startable using commands "jcontrol" or "ControlPanel" (the latter for older versions of Sun Java).

On Java 1.6, the applet cache is named "Temporary Internet Files" on the first tab of the Java Control Panel.

After you clear the applet cache, the first connection to iLO might start up slower than normal, as the browser+JVM needs to download the iLO applets from the iLO controller again.

MK
MK
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

i had the same issue.

Clearing IE8's Caches fixed the issue.
Hakuna Matata.
Craig Johnson_1
Regular Advisor

Nope, still not working. Even the login splash screen is missing one of the pictures (randomly), though it is usually the one at left that links back to hp.com/ilo.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

What about JAVA....? Did WebEX install or ask to install (automatically) a JRE?

Try removing the WebEx bits from your PC too and/or removing and reinstalling Java (1.6)
Hakuna Matata.
Craig Johnson_1
Regular Advisor

I did that - removed Webex client and updated Java. Still no good.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Whoa.... then last recourse:

reset/reboot your iLO module...
Hakuna Matata.
Craig Johnson_1
Regular Advisor

Restarting iLo didn't work either. What I wound up doing was flashing the firmware on the server(s). That fixed the issue. Apparently there is a bug in the iLo to IE interface that gets screwed up when certain updates or installs are applied to IE. And, it seems I'm not the first one to report it because the firmware update fixed it!

I loaded the HP SUM 9.20 Firmware DVD.

This is a lousy solution if you're dealing with production systems. Fortunately these were just DEV boxes.
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Good find.. my good man.

Did it get updated via HPSUM? Coz I think our Java gyrations and cache clearing might have been placebo.... we were also doing HPSUMs back then
Hakuna Matata.
Craig Johnson_1
Regular Advisor

Yes it did launch HP SUM to apply the firmware updates.