6293 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

install question

navin
Super Advisor

install question

hi,

What is the cons of the os install if the installation has been done using different medias.say First software dvd 2006 and the sec one 2007.will still the install be good.?

thanks
Learning ...
7 REPLIES 7
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: install question

Why would one even contemplate doing that? I wouldn't want to.

I'm not sure I would trust the installation.

Heck, I'm not sure the installer would actually let you do that.
navin
Super Advisor

thanks patrick
Learning ...
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Maybe installer do the initial check for dependencies at startup and after that for each package get the chksum and the package files (from CD), verify and install it.

If installation is stable - you could have some older libs/apps mixed with the new ones after applying latest QPK bundle you can move all to the same level. Or most of it.

Anyway it's not a good idea if you don't have a free time to check what was changed between 2006/2007 and is that updated in 2009.

regards,
ivan
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Hi Navin,
I think it will give problem...
why you want to install like this way is there any issue...
media is not working ....

Suraj
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

it will not work.

mikap
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

If you are installing (not upgrading) then each install erases anything on the boot disk so you can install 2009 then 2007 and then 2006. What you will have is an install of 2006. The rest of the installs have been erased. Again, by using the word "install" I am assuming that you are booting from the DVD and installing the OS.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

or are you saying that when doing an install (2 DVD's), you first use DVD 1 of 2 (2006) and then instead of DVD 2 of 2 (2006) you use DVD 2 of 2 (2007)?

This should not work
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!