1751914 Members
4998 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: its streanger

hassan alrubidi

its streanger

Hey Guys
im running hp server on unix 5b.0 and i have my oracle application installed on the server 11i any how i have faced alittel problem which make my server down and couldnt startup agine i have got of some errors which can help to solve this probelm ....
halted cpu0
halted code=5
halt instruction execute pc=fffffc00006b3130
medium error-nonrecoverable medium error
medium error at block number 7121156
ccb request completed
Ttx - recovery- pass: can not .....
thats all guys that i have got from the screen so could any one help me coz im stoped bcoz of this error
witting for urgent reply
5 REPLIES 5
BR783694

hi hassan,

can you please send me the model of your machine and what is the way you connect your machine with your storage?

Best Regards,

Amr
Try To Be Smart
hassan alrubidi

i dont know what do u mean by the Model no any how i have got this details of our server
its AlphaServer ES40 Opreating system is Tru 64 5.1B and the storage is Hp STORAGE WORK MODEL Smart Array 100 hope these details will do something for you and hope to get soluiation as soon as u can
Thanks alot
BR783694

hi hassan,

yes it is enough, please check the connection between your storage and your alpha server, it looks like you have a problem in your booting from MSA1000.

check your connection and the status of your har disks at MSA.

Best Regards
Try To Be Smart
hassan alrubidi

hi amrelsayed
im so sorry i have forgetting telling that i have got intarnal H/D which they are scasi which my elpha server boot from .....
any how hope you wont gave up of helping me to get the soluaition

thanks alot
BR783694

hi hassan,

i never gave up from helping friends,man :)

so, try to boot from the operating system CD, and go through the steps until you reach the step which allow you to open a unix shell, then try to mount your system HD, or see if you can see it.

how to mount root after boot from CD:

# cd /etc/fdmns
# mkdir tmp
# cd tmp
# ln -s /dev/disk/dsk0a /*if root is dsk0a*/
# mount tmp#root /mnt

if it mount successfully and you can access it. please feed me with the result.

have a nice day

amr
Try To Be Smart