3674 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

ldap client implementation

himacs
Super Advisor

ldap client implementation

Hi Admins,

Need to configure ldap client in HPUX 11.31 without adding to domain.

I dont want every user registered in AD,able to access the client.

Plan is to manually create AD userid in client,but password should take from AD.So that only these users has access to ldap client.

LDAP server is windows.

I have executed /opt/ldapux/config/autosetup script,but its asking to add to domain.

Current version of LDAP is B.05.01.

Please guide.

Regards

himacs

2 REPLIES 2
Aneesh Mohan
Honored Contributor

Re: ldap client implementation

Please see the limitations you may have while configuring HPUX Ldapclient with Microsoft AD

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/System-Administration/Problem-setting-up-LDAP-UX-with-AD-continued/m-p/4576641#M373315

You can limit the AD accounts to login to UNIX servers by adding "ABORT_LOGIN_ON_MISSING_HOMEDIR=1" in /etc/default/security and manually creating home directories for only needed accounts.

Also you can use "disable_uid_range=xxxx" to disable some accounts to be logged in HPUX servers  by configuring ldapux_client.conf.

Regards,

Aneesh

himacs
Super Advisor

Re: ldap client implementation

Hi Aneesh,

Thanks for the response.

The links you provided was not veru clear to me on connecting to ldap server without adding to domain.

"ABORT_LOGIN_ON_MISSING_HOMEDIR=1" in /etc/default/security >>> If we creating manual home folder in client,but real home folder exists in AD server.Thus which home folder, system may use to ogin.

Regards

Pavan