5512 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: linkloop

Ignite_2
Frequent Advisor

linkloop

Hello experts,

We're setting up a SG cluster and having a strange issue here. One of the interfaces is not reachable with linkloop. When I try to ping it, ping works fine a also linkloop works afterwards for cca 30 seconds. After this time period, linkloop doesn't work again.

Have someone experienced something like this?

Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Aneesh Mohan
Honored Contributor

Hi,

fyi;-
There are some switches which can block linkloop checking.

Aneesh
Ignite_2
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

thanks for response. But after pinging that interface, linkloop works fine (for certain time). Also when running cmcheckconf I get this message:

lan6 on node uctla336 cannot be configured in the cluster
because it does not have an IP address, and it is not a standby lan for any other lan.

This is another interface which doesn't linkloop (should be standby for the one described above - lan2).
Aneesh Mohan
Honored Contributor

Please post the cmcluster.ascii file .

Aneesh
Ignite_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

attached is the ascii file, which should be used for cluster configuration.
Ignite_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

I've tried cmquerycl one more time and afterwards it was OK. Now the cluster is running. I haven't explanation for this, but thank you for your time.
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Hi

Use the cmgetconf command to verify your cluster and package. This command will tell you where your problems are.

Begin with the cluster then check the package when configured.

cmgetconf -v -c

cmgetconf -v -p
Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Ping is between IP addresses. There is no guarantee that the interface to which the IP has been assigned will be the interface on which the IP datagram carrying the ICMP Echo Request (or Reply) triggered by ping will arrive/leave. Especially if you do things like configure more than one interface in the same IP subnet.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows