1753927 Members
8853 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: linux PSP

matt radloff
Occasional Contributor

linux PSP

I have been assigned to getting SIM running on a mixed eviroment. Windows side very easy running good. Linux side, I am wary to install on the linux servers. All rhe5, 2 are g4 2 are g5. If I download and install should it be fairly easy? Is it the whole PSP I want to install or is there a smaller agent to just report to the SIM server?
4 REPLIES 4
Kevin Wright
Honored Contributor

I would suggest you install the entire PSP using the provided install script.
matt radloff
Occasional Contributor

All I have is the downloaded files and the instructions on the HP web page. It just says run ./install
Heironimus
Honored Contributor

You can download and install just the monitoring agents from the same page you use to download drivers. However, the Insight agents for Linux don't always work very well and they seem to be getting worse instead of better.

Installing the whole PSP will replace Red Hat's versions of some drivers with HP's "certified" versions. You may or may not want to do that.
matt radloff
Occasional Contributor

So I downloaded the 3 part download for linux. uncompressed it and there are many fiels still compressed. run ./install from terminal and let it go? Thats what I had started but my test os wasn't supported. This will be installed on RHE5