Re: lp printing with BSDl option

Albert Smith_1
Regular Advisor

Ones that do work with the BSDl:

net_genericprinter
net_lj4x
net_lj5x
net_ljx000 (I belive I would need to test again)

For now I have set the 2430dtn on the hpux side to net_genericprinter and I am getting basic funcitonality.

And from what I received back from support they are going to punt me to the Jetdirect team which never seems to respond.

Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

As Albert points out, a few of the JetDirect scripts have the BDSl option. Two choices now:

1. Use one of the older scripts such as net_ljx000 or net_lj5x. The options to control features such as landscape, etc, are the same for all PCL printers.

2. port the code from net_lj5x that handles the BSDl option into the 4320 script.

Model scripts are not really maintained very well by the HP printer division as their primary focus has always been PC Windows.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Albert Smith_1
Regular Advisor

Just as I thought would happen they did turf my call (good thing I pay all this money for support).

So I received a response from the IPG TC Hotline and surprise surprise their recommendation was to make it a remote printer. After explaining that I can't because of my application requirements they are escalating to a "higher level"

OldSchool
Honored Contributor

I'm with Bill on this one...take a look at the net_lj4x script and find the pieces that do the BSDl related stuff...port that into the script for your printer. (just make sure you keep a good backup copy)

I've a feeling that the support on model scripts isn't going to be that great...somebody had an issue w/ a broken installer for a 4350(?) or some such. I posted instructions here on how to fix it and exactly what was broken in it. IIRC it was something like 9 months before the download had the fixes in it.
Albert Smith_1
Regular Advisor

Well HP Turfed me to the jetdirect team once again where I was blown off. This is getting a bit tiresome... Need to contact our HP Account Manager and get some action on this...