1751843 Members
5989 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: lpfcdfc.ko module

Connie Fadriquela
Occasional Contributor

lpfcdfc.ko module

Hello, we are going to change the kernel type from smp to hugemem, the current smp we have is 2.6.9-22.EL and we are going to change it to hugemem 2.6.9-22.EL. Then, i found 1 module which is lpfcdfc.ko which is not belong to any packages (like smp or ocfs2 packages) can anyone here help me to find the package where it belong? I need to install the module in the hugemem kernel type after we change it from smp. We will not overwrite modules installed in smp, because in case we encounter problem, we can go back to smp kernel type.

I really appreciate if someone can respond me immediately, because the said activities will be tonight.

I will attached the module listed in smp kernel type in our two database server so that you have reference what is the module that is not belong to any packages.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Connie Fadriquela
Occasional Contributor

Another file uploaded
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

That's the "LPFC IOCTL driver" for Emulex FibreChannel HBAs.

The actual module does not belong to any package, because the .rpm contains just the source code for the module. It compiles and installs the module automatically as a post-install action.

The source code should be located in the /opt/hp/hp-lpfc/lpfc/ioctls directory if you installed the driver using RPMs provided by HP. There should be a script named "master.sh" that will allow you to recompile the driver. For more details, look for README files somewhere in /opt/hp/hp-lpfc directory structure.

The lack of that module should not prevent you from accessing the SAN storage: it just prevents you from using the Emulex HBA configuration tools like the HBAnyware utility.

MK
MK
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Why you are switching to hugmem? As far as i know smp is better than hugmem( atleast interms of kernel 2.4).

Any bugs/issues identified.What is the advantage you are expecting with hugemem

You can copy those files(from working kernel) and make ram disk image9initrd) in order to load the lpfc driver information.

Comment the lpfc entries in /etc/modules.conf before running mkinitrd and revert that once mkinitrd completed.

ll /lib/modules/2.4.9-e.59smp/kernel/drivers/scsi/lpfc*
total 564
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 204182 Apr 6 2005 lpfcdfc.o
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 362045 Apr 6 2005 lpfc.o

mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.4.9-e.71smp.img 2.4.9-e.71smp