1753915 Members
8643 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: mail alias

skt_skt
Honored Contributor

mail alias

this OS related is HP-UX . still any input from Linux forum users are welcome too

HP-UX 11.00
sendmail 8.9.3.1

here is the alias details.what we are trying to achieve is the mail send to afshil@hostname.yyy.zzz.com will be redirected to the mailbox afshil@zzz.com which is configured in the windows/exchange server.this part works fine.

# grep afshil /etc/mail/aliases.local
afshil : afshil@zzz.com

The other part is the mail send from afshil@hostname.yyy.zzz.com should be seen as coming afshil@zzz.com. But i am not sure if i can achive that by modifying something in UNIX.
why we need this way is the destination mail box (out side our domain) accepts mail from only zzz.com not from hostname.yyy.zzz.com

let me know if any one has something similar implemented.
6 REPLIES 6
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Sendmail "Site Hiding" (MASQUERADING)
=====================================

Edit the file /etc/rc.config.d/mailservs:
SENDMAIL_SERVER=0
SENDMAIL_SERVER_NAME="corpmail.corp.com"
SENDMAIL_FREEZE=1
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

in my case this server pass the mail to the relay server and i can see the "stat=Sent (2.0.0 Message received OK)" in mail.log

here is my config.

export SENDMAIL_SERVER=0
export SENDMAIL_SERVER_NAME=$(hostname)

The other point is once the UNIX host route the mail to the relay server then the target domain only checks if the mails are acceptable from the said relay server. The target domain does not check how it reached the relay server. is this concept right?

is your recommendation still applicable (as r
elay server comes in between)?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

Edit the file /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and look for "DM" or the term [Mm]asquerade. I *think* that changing the value to "DMzzz.com" is what i need.

am i right?
Steve Netting

That should work, but ideally you should edit the sendmail.mc file and 'make' the sendmail.cf. From Ivan's comment above, perhaps HPUX does some magic to make this easier - his suggestion is probably best :)
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

what is the need of SENDMAIL_FREEZE?
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

opted for "sendmail -f" which does the same magic.