New Discussion юеВ

make_net_recovery recovery problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Dalanek
Advisor

make_net_recovery recovery problem

Hi,

I used make_net_recovery to backup to an ignite server but after testing out the restore of it there are tons of things missing, no /var/adm, /var/news, /home etc. Ive repeated the restore, same problem. What did I miss ?
3 REPLIES 3
Carol Garrett
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: make_net_recovery recovery problem

Ive seen this problem before. When you create the make_net_recovery archive use the option;
-x inc_entire=VG00

This will ensure all dirs and filesystems under vg00 get backed up.
Cheryl Griffin
Honored Contributor

Make sure you check the man page for make_recovery and make_net_recovery. What you could be seeing is the difference between CORE-OS and non-essential Core-Os.

Keep in mind the purpose of make_recovery and make_net_recovery is to quickly bring an unbootable system back to a bootable state. You may need to recover these files from your normal system backup. Or you may need to change the make_recovery/make_net_recovery options.

Also, look at the logs. Make sure you know what was backed up and if there were any other errors that occurred during the archive creation process.

make_recovery logs: /var/opt/ignite/logs
makrec.log1 contains any errors encountered during the make_recovery process.
makrec.log2 contains a listing of all the files/directories that were recorded to tape.

make_net_recovery log: /va/opt/ignite/clients/{hostname}/recovery/latest/recovery.log
"Downtime is a Crime."
Sergej_5
Regular Advisor

I have the same problem when i am restoring tar image...

I am using GUI to make net recovery archive ... how can i write those parameters in GUI>?

Brgds,
Sero