1753265 Members
5342 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: moved pci/pcix card scsimgr settings changed need advice

S. Ney
Trusted Contributor

moved pci/pcix card scsimgr settings changed need advice

Background: We recently had a maintenance where we upgraded our cpu in an rx6600 server. As part of the upgrade the onsite HP technicians had to move the pci/pcix cards to a different hardware slot on the server. These are dual hba/ethernet cards and after the move I rebuilt the volume group and changed the netconf to reflect the new information.

Getting to the problem at hand: Today I noticed poor performance in sar -Rd with high ave wait and ave service times. After doing investigation I found that the attributes in scsimgr had changed for all the storage disks. q_depth was set to 1 and load balance policy was set to path_lockdown. I even had saved values for q_depth.

I changed the q_depth back to the saved value of 16, however my question is can I change the load balance policy to round_robin live? This is a production server. I'd like to change all the disks at once however I'd only like to change the SAN disks so I don't want to change the /essci/edisk driver since we also have local SAS disks.

What would be the scsimgr command to change disks with a vid=HP, pid=OPEN-V if it can be done online?

5 REPLIES 5
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

>> As part of the upgrade the onsite HP technicians had to move the pci/pcix cards to a different hardware slot on the server

As part of the CPU upgrade???

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
S. Ney
Trusted Contributor

Yes, the server needed a newer backplane since we went to a newer processor.

I do not know how/what changed the default scsimgr settings and there is nothing in dmesg,syslog to provide that information. I am however, more interested in changing load balance policy, if it can be done online. Or do if I have to schedule a maintenance for it and have oracle stopped?

thanks,
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

OK, you probably swapped out the pci-x only backplane and now have a new pci-e or mixed board ... not really related to the CPU I think.

However, according to the scsimgr manual you do tis load balancing change online, of course.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
S. Ney
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Torsten,

points giving, closing thread.
S. Ney
Trusted Contributor

provided by itrc member