6800 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: need redhat linux es-4 kernel version 2.6.9-11

Baiju Kumar.B_1
Advisor

need redhat linux es-4 kernel version 2.6.9-11

Dear sirs,
we have a redhat ES4 server with kernel version 2.6.9-5,we required the kernel version of 2.6.9-11 for installing the oracle application server,can we download rpm package of this from any site .we cannot take any risk for this if it is get in rpm format it will be very useful to us

regards
Baiju Kumar.B
nothing is impossible
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Do you have a subscription to RedHat ?

If so then use yum or up2date to get the version you need...

Hope this helps,

Rob
palaniappan.sp
Regular Advisor

Hi,
U can get the kernel 2.6.9-11 from the site or u have to install the up2date utility or yum in the existing m/c.
Configure yum is the best choice,becaz it will download and install the req rpm including dependencies rpm also.Otherwise u have to download from the redhat site.

Regds,
palani.
Everything is Possible and Anything is Feasible if u try
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Buy red hat support if you do not already have it. A basic subscription it cheap. It will give you the ability to install updates. create your rhn account either by going to the site rhn.redhat.com or using up2date. then use up2date to install updates, or packages. I wouldn't suggest yum on a rhel machine. up2date provides all the functionality you need. it will also install dependencies to packages. if this was fedora, then i would suggest you use yum.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Vitaly Karasik_1
Honored Contributor

the other option is downloading kernel's rpm manually via http://rhn.redhat.com (you need RHN login anyway)